• Create Account

Pre-ordering system and distribution on iPhone

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 DenzelM   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Superficially, the problem is simple, implement a pre-order system for mobile applications, the logistics, not so much. It's possible for android applications, what about the iPhone?

Allowing pre-orders for android applications is not a problem as I see it. Google allows you to independently distribute your application while simultaneously releasing it on the Android Market (at least that's what I've gathered). Therefore, an online pre-order system could be setup that collects payments, allows cancellations, and eventually distributes the application through e-mail on release day. An easy route for piracy would be created, simply upload the APK to a file sharing site, but I'm not worried about that.

On the other hand, it appears that Apple only allows you to independently distribute 100 applications. Therein lies the problem; is there a way to support pre-orders for my iPhone application as well?
Denzel Morris (@drdizzy) :: Software Engineer :: SkyTech Enterprises, Inc.
"When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities." - David Hume

Sponsor:

#2 DenzelM   Members   -  Reputation: 295

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

That about answers the question then. I'll just release the iPhone application without the ability for pre-orders.
Denzel Morris (@drdizzy) :: Software Engineer :: SkyTech Enterprises, Inc.
"When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities." - David Hume

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS