• Create Account

Need Help With XNA

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Acemanjam   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

Hey all,

I'm very new to programming and have decided to learn c# as my first language, I am currently working on a major project for my year 12 "Software Design and Development" class using the xna framework. I need to load an array of about 30 boxes, as well as a paddle and a ball problem is, when i try to load them only about 9 or 10 of the boxes come up on the screen and the ball and paddle aren't loaded at all. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Before I loaded the background I didn't have a problem getting the ball and paddle on the screen.

Thanks in advance.

Game1.jpg Syntax1.jpg Syntax2.jpg Syntax3.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 Machaira   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1028

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

You're doing your drawing backwards. You need to draw the background first, then objects in the foreground - paddle, balls, blocks.
Microsoft XNA MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on XNA game development

#3 winsrp   Members   -  Reputation: 273

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

yeah, try to draw first the objects further from the camera, and at last the ones closest to the camera.

#4 Acemanjam   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Okay thanks :) ill give it a go

#5 Acemanjam   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

well it works, thanks Posted Image but for some reason i need to have two identical loops for the same thing when loading the boxes or else only about half of them show up any reason for this?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS