• Create Account

2D C++ Programmer [PAID + revenue split]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

Team name:
WE SAY SO GAMES, LLC

Project name:
Aurora Flux

Brief description:
Aurora Flux has been in part time development since 2011 and now we’re gearing up for full time development in order to accomplish our personal 2012 deadline. Aurora Flux is a 2D side scrolling shooter that influences derive from manga, blackspoliation films, and anime series from the 70’s as well as bullet hell shooters from the 80s and 90s.

WE SAY SO GAMES, LLC is a start-up at home indie video game Development Company. Our primary objective and goal is to create exciting and fun games which focus on sound game play machines that will be memorable for generations to come.

Target aim:
Short term goal: Release on any online indie game marketplace for indie developers (ie Steam/Indievania).
Long term goal: Port over to iOS and Android market.

Compensation:
Contracted payment:
  • Up-front payment (Negotiable)
  • Paid per milestone completed ($100 per milestone completed)
  • Revenue % split (5% residual payment)

Technology:
Aurora Flux will be written in C++

Talent needed:
We are in search of an individual who will become our lead programmer and assist in the full cycle of development: writing and debugging of code, integrating graphics, sound mastering and other networking components of game.

This position is based in Los Angeles, CA, but does not require that you to live in Los Angeles.

Must-haves:
• Experience with C++
• Experience in hobby or professional game development
• Think creatively, work well independently, and as a team player
• Good communication skills

Team structure:
Our team consists of individuals who are fun, energetic, compassionate, enthusiastic, serious, and share a strong passion for video games and video game development. We currently have a Director/Producer, sound engineer/marketer, two animators, and one of the best musicians/composer on this planet earth. 5 in all...

WE SAY SO GAMES, LLC website and social media sites coming soon. We are currently waiting for more development of Aurora Flux before the full establishment our website and social media pages.

Contacts:
Please submit all inquiries and resume to wesaysogames@gmail.com
Attention: Indico

Previous Work by Team:
Aurora Flux is our very first game in development, but we do have other titles that we are working on in addition to our current title.

Additional Info:
If you would like a preview of our game take a look at our Aurora Flux (Pre-Alpha development phase) video on our YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJfw0hOVqkg

Please leave positive and constructive feedback.

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8006

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Free bump, looks really promising. Keep the good work up.Posted Image

#3 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

!!!!!ATTENTION!!!
We have decided to no longer continue programming Aurora Flux in C#/XNA but rather have it programed in C++. We feel that this will be more beneficial for us in the long run.

New Title would now be [PAID + Revenue Split] 2D Programmer exp in C++

If you’re looking for a steady project with a fun, focused, & comfortable programming atmosphere where there’s potential for residual income then Aurora Flux is the project for you.

Indico
WE SAY SO GAMES, LLC

#4 turlisk   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

is your short term goal still to release it on xbox? cause if so you are stuck in c# and xna...

#5 slayemin   Members   -  Reputation: 2914

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Just my $0.02: If you don't have an existing code base yet and are targetting the microsoft platforms (Windows & XBox), I'd highly recommend C# and/or letting the programmer decide what language he/she wants to program in.

Eric Nevala

Indie Developer | Dev blog

#6 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

@turlisk you are absolutely correct about being stuck...we did however, upon making this discovery, decided to change our short term goal by no longer releasing Aurora Flux on Xbox Indie but to release it online on websites like Steam (fingers crossed) and Indievania.

@slayemin your 2 cents is definitely appreciated...we do currently have a code base of C#/XNA but we decided, like I mentioned to turlisk, not to release Aurora Flux on Xbox indie but to release it online instead. We recently made this decision based on the accessibility of porting Aurora Flux over to other potential venues when programming in C++. But I say this...whomever and however our potential programmer gets the job done and it's complete and free of bugs/other coding nightmares I’m all for it.

#7 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

I made a few changes to our post.
  • We decided to no longer continue developing Aurora Flux in C#/XNA and release it on XBOX Indie. Instead we’ve decided to dive right into C++ Programing and release on sites like Steam and Indievania.
  • I also added more specifics in the Compensation area.
Feel free to leave positive and constructive feedback about Aurora Flux or our post. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks,

Indico

#8 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 8006

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

We are in search of an individual who will become our lead programmer and assist in the full cycle of development: writing and debugging of code, integrating graphics, sound mastering and other networking components of game.

This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.

Must-haves:
• Experience with C++
• Proven talent (ie game samples)
• 2D and 3D Math (Vector math, Trigonometry)
• Think creatively, work well independently and as a team player
• Good communication skills

You really have a feasable project goal (rare!), but although harsh requirements with little compensation.

A coder is not a level designer, so 100 $ per level is only for level designers, right ? Btw. a proven talent could earn much more than 100 $ per day, so either I would sugguest to reduce the requirements or to improve the up-front compensation. Althought, do you really need someone living in Los Angeles ?

Some student who have enough free time and need some money, or an experienced coder who wants to do it as side-hobby project, could be really helpful, as long as you don't want to spent a lot of money.

Good luck Posted Image

#9 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Thank you once again Ashaman73 for the constructive advice (thumbs up). You are correct...we are not looking for a level designer but rather a C++ programmer who we will pay $100 per "milestone" completed. We have made the necessary changes.

Changes made:
  • Our job posting is not limited to those who live in Los Angeles, California. If the programmer is capable of getting the job done wherever they are…we are all for it.
  • Paid per milestone completed not level completed
  • We also took away the harsh math requirement and "Proven talent" and just require that the programmer has Experience in hobby or professional game development

#10 we say so games   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

!!!!Attention….Useful & Important News!!!!!!

Our job post may not be clear in indicating this but…all of the:
  • Animation for our character,
  • Character weapon animation,
  • Minion animation,
  • Boss animation,
  • Level design,
  • Level animation for parallax scrolling,
  • Music,
  • Sound effects,
  • Animation for particle effects,
  • Minion flight pattern,
  • Bosses flight patter,
  • Menu screen, power up screen, start screen….and anything else you can possibly think of that is not related to programming is 100% complete for Aurora Flux.
So what else do we need…I’m glad you asked. We need a skilled programmer who is willing to code Aurora Flux in C++

If this seems like great programming opportunity for you feel free to email me (Indico) at wesaysogames@gmail.com

Thanks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS