• Create Account

DirectX D3DTOP_ADDSIGNED

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeason   Members   -  Reputation: 96

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

What is the biggest difference between D3DTOP_ADDSIGNED and D3DTOP_ADD?

When I take multitexture technology, I can get good effect by adding detail texture to base texture with D3DTOP_ADDSIGNED, but not with D3DTOP_ADD.

I can't comprehend it well.

Sponsor:

#2 Jeason   Members   -  Reputation: 96

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

SOS!

#3 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2461

1Likes

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:08 PM

add signed has a -0.5 bias meaning the texture can brighten or darken the other texture.

IMHO you should ditch the fixed function pipeline which is outdated nowadays.

#4 Jeason   Members   -  Reputation: 96

0Likes

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Thank you! Madhed.

You are right. I just want to know the technologies which are introduced in the books, so i won't feel confused.

Yes, the detail map has to darken some pixel. So it needs to be signed.

#5 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7344

1Likes

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

This is all covered in the SDK help file which should definitely be your first point of reference to supplement anything from books.

D3DTOP_ADDSIGNED
Add the components of the arguments with a - 0.5 bias, making the effective range of values from - 0.5 through 0.5.

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS