• Create Account

Unity infinite plane

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 nitishk   Members   -  Reputation: 161

0Likes

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

The game I am currently working on requires a sort of endless plane. It is actually a road that goes forever and the user can drive a car on it but the problem is that even though it should work theoretically it isnt working when I implement it. My idea was to have 3 planes moving towards the camera. They are laid end to end and move towards the cam at a constant speed. As soon as one hits a collider behind the camera it resets ahead of the camera but where the camera cant see it. This works for a few seconds but then gaps start to appear between the planes. I dont know if this is caused by the slight delay when the plane is being reset far ahead of the camera or something else... I am really confused because it works just like i intended it to for a moment. I can upload the project file or my scripts if that is required.

Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 IceBreaker23   Members   -  Reputation: 614

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

I think you should make a plane that covers the whole screen, and then just scroll the texture over it when your object moves.

#3 nitishk   Members   -  Reputation: 161

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I see where you are going with that but how would I do that? I don't know of any ways to make a dynamic texture in unity

#4 IceBreaker23   Members   -  Reputation: 614

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hmm I dont know unity that well but in low level graphics(dx/gl) you just have to manipulate the texture coordinates

#5 meeshoo   Members   -  Reputation: 508

0Likes

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I hope this will get you on the right track: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/19848/making-textures-scroll-animate-textures.html

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS