I'm looking for suggestions on gathering professions for a Sci-Fi/Sci-Fantasy themed game. In Fantasy themed games (World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Minecraft, TES: Skyrim), you have your classic "ye-olde-professions", like:
- Herbalism, Collecting flowers and herbs for use in various things.
- Alchemy, Using various components to create magical potions.
- Mining/Dungeoneering, Locating and mining various kinds of ore.
- Soul Collecting, Using souls of slain creatures as alchemical parts.
I have a few ideas already here:
- Mining/Dungeoneeing, This still fits, as various metals can still be used to craft both ranged and melee weapons.
- Scavenging, This would be something where you scavenge and can make use of destroyed buildings/signs/vehicles/etc.
- Crystal Farming, This would be a "tech" version of growing plants and herbs. You create various crystals which could be used for other purposes.
I hope this isn't completely off-topic, and thank you all in advance.