• Create Account

Rogue-Like Game Library. Mac

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 lilrooness   Members   -  Reputation: 127

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I am looking into making a "rogue-like" game, preferably in python/Java/C++ and it has to run on a mac. I have looked into using the libtcod library but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of compiling with that on a mac.

Sponsor:

#2 Ashaman73   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6960

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

I am looking into making a "rogue-like" game, preferably in python/Java/C++ and it has to run on a mac. I have looked into using the libtcod library but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of compiling with that on a mac.

There should be lot of resources. Take a look at Jade for example or at Temple of the Roguelike for general infos about development of RLs.

#3 swiftcoder   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 9763

0Likes

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Doryen/libtcod is generally my goto library for rogue-like development. You've already encountered it - what problems were you having compiling it for Mac?

I had it running on my MacBook Air as little as 6 months ago. There are 5+ pre-built Mac options on the downloads page, or with a few Makefile tweaks, you can build it yourself from source.

Tristam MacDonald - Software Engineer @Amazon - [swiftcoding]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS