• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Steam and Metal [shmup]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 AvrDragon   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

Steam and Metal is a vertical scroll shooter in steam punk setting and is drawn in pixelart. This project is not commercial, but probably will be published on XBLIG. So far the first and second levels are done. Four more are in progress. I would be glad to hear what you think about it:3

Gameplay Video:

Demo — Level 1 & 2:
DOWNLOAD

(You need .Net Framework 4.0 and Xna Redist 4.0 to run this demo.)

Sponsor:

#2 Ravyne   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 7742

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Looks pretty good, I liked the dynamic level elements in the second level. The player and enemies look good, just polish up those menus, cut-scenes, and some of the backgrounds (the second level was a little hum-drum aside from the dynamic stuff).

#3 AvrDragon   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

>Looks pretty good, I liked the dynamic level elements in the second level

thank you:3

>the second level was a little hum-drum aside from the dynamic stuff

yes, correct, this is the first thing in my TODO list

#4 AvrDragon   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:25 AM

Trying to make a better level design i captured some game-mechanics videos. It would be very interesting for me to hear what you think about such level design.

#5 AvrDragon   Members   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

5 levels from 6 are done

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS