• Create Account

Can't post in Help Wanted?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 14780

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

The Help Wanted forum is now closed to new posting, and as of March 21st replies are also disabled in the forum.

Important: On April 21st, the forum will be set to re-direct to the new Classifieds system; learn more in the staff journal entry "Introducing Classifieds".

All new Help Wanted adverts should be submitted to our new "Classifieds" system, accessible from the top navigation bar.

Please check the staff journal entry for further information.

Further improvements will be made to the classifieds system over time, and your feedback and/or suggestions are welcome and encouraged.

All unpaid and non-commercial projects can be listed in the "hobbyist projects" section.

We look forward to your feedback, and hope you enjoy using the classifieds system.

Edited by jbadams, 22 March 2012 - 10:53 PM.
Updated to reflect disabled replies.

Sponsor:

#2 Moritz P.G. Katz   Members   -  Reputation: 1041

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hello,

I'm curious to know where the Help Wanted section is going. Are you planning to get rid of it in favor of the Classified ads?

At the moment it's a bit confusing, being able to bump your thread but not being able to open a new topic. And closing all threads in the Help Wanted section would lead to the most recently bumped threads being on top for eternity, which also seems unfair.

Secondly, with the Help Wanted section still around the Classified section still seems to gather less attention.

It'd be awesome if you could shed some light on this matter.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

#3 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5037

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

We can't cut off "Help Wanted" immediately because there are still plenty of active projects listed there. If a typical ad duration runs 30-45 days, I don't think it's fair if we would shut down the help wanted forum until we at least give that level of grace period given that we only transitioned to "Classifieds" on February 2nd.

When it is shut down most likely "Help Wanted" will be a redirect link to classifieds.

#4 Moritz P.G. Katz   Members   -  Reputation: 1041

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS