• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Windows phone 7 XNA game and keyboard input

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 deathwearer   Members   -  Reputation: 367

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

Currently working on a "Platformer" type game on Windows phone 7. I'm having problem with the "Input" part of the development. For the phone the game will feature a Virtual (Transparent) buttons directly on the game screen (Kinda like the Shooter on Mobiles).

But what I'd like to do at the moment is to use my keyboard to make the input for the development time because it will be easier. I cannot touch 2 spot on my Windows phone emulator using the mouse (Moving right and jump for exemple).

My problem is that the keyboard input doesn't seems to be working in Windows Phone emulator. Is it possible to make it work? Or am I trying something I shouldn't? Maybe I should develop the game on a "Windows" platform and migrate when things are getting ready? Or is it possible to do what I want?

It's Windows Phone 7.1 and using the emulator provided in VS.

Sponsor:

#2 blackbook   Members   -  Reputation: 110

-1Likes

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb203902.aspx

#3 deathwearer   Members   -  Reputation: 367

0Likes

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I know how to manage input using XNA, but the way provided in that article doesn't work when working with Windows Phone emulator.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS