• Create Account

Filter news by time added, not top rated

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21068

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Top news | Top in 24 hours | Top in 7 days | Top in 30 days | Where is the "non-filtered" option?
Posted Image

If I can only view the top-rated news items, then new news items I can't see. I glance at the news feed, "Oh, the item I read last is still at the top of the feed, so there must be no 'more-recent' news". Where's the "Chronological" feed filter button?
Sorting by top-rated is great, I'd still use it frequently, but I also want to not miss other news items that might interest me, that other users or internet denizens find uninteresting.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#2 Michael Tanczos   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5451

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Done. Added a "Most Recent" filter. We used to just have that, but since we aggregate from a bunch of sources it's like sticking your mouth on a firehouse at times. Plus we ran into problems with a lot of stories that weren't all that spectacular.. pretty mundane stuff like quarterly results.

#3 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 21068

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I appreciate it!

I mostly use the "Top in x days" filter, but I'm positive I'm occasionally missing important but not virally-popular news, and need to duck into the unfiltered feed occasionally.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS