• Create Account

New Android Game - As addictive as Tetris and other ones

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 galiksoft   Banned   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi people.

I present my new creation, the game MisterBuga for Android, and a free version for Windows.

It reminds games like tetris, at least it is addictive like it.

The player controls the character MisterBuga. The goal is to enter in how many doors as possible. Before enter in one door, you must get the key, so door opens and you can enter in it. But there are blocks going down in the screen (just like in tetris), and they force MisterBuga, the key and the door to go down also, making it hard. After you enter in one door, a new door and new key appear, and the amount and speed of blocks are increased, so you have to be quick! MisterBuga loose one life if him, the key or the door, disappear from the screen. Fornutately, you can win lifes, catching the hearts...

Check the gameplay video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCcO3J1b9Y

You can download a free Windows version at http://misterbuga.isgreat.org

Or buy it in Android Market for your phone.

GALIKSOFT

Sponsor:

#2 EVIL_ENT   Members   -  Reputation: 212

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

your "logo" looks very unprofessionell
http://misterbuga.isgreat.org/

also it looks like you pasted it together from other images (your logo has weird artirfacts where the watermark is)
http://graphicleftov...b-smiling-7637/
http://www.featurepi...ions332216.aspx
(I just said it looks like but you may have paid for it though (still does not look good))

but why would anyone pay 1,50 for such a simple game in the first place?

#3 maurex83   Members   -  Reputation: 103

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I like this game. yes it reminds classic games.

Evil_ent, why did you say that? This game is as simple as good.
For Android, I expect simple games, not complicated ones. These sucks in so small devices with no physical keys.

Do you evaluate a game for the logo??? lol

yes, the logo looks like a mix of other images, and so? It is not so bad...

I'll buy this game next week, when I will get my new mobile phone.

#4 EVIL_ENT   Members   -  Reputation: 212

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Do you evaluate a game for the logo??? lol

yes, the logo looks like a mix of other images, and so? It is not so bad...

I am just concerned about the copyright (maybe they see things more relaxed in portugal? have not been there yet)

also 1-post-same-day-created-accounts are suspicious
nevermind if that's not the case but if it is, there usually is a paragraph about multiaccounting in most forum rules

but I agree that no physical keys are a real pain and probably one of the reason why there are so less good mobile games

#5 galiksoft   Banned   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hi Evil_Ent.

I'm not a professional! It's my first Android game.
I think it is so addictive as tetris. Did you play the game already?

I accept your "sugestion" and reduced the price to 0,99 €

Yes, I used various images and put them together to build my logo. I'm not an artist...

I know the game is simple, it's not a Pro Evolution Soccer neither a Grand Theft Auto. But there are lots of different kinds os game fans... And in a mobile phone, who doesn't like to play a game like MisterBuga?
I'm looking for some luck selling this game. If possible, win some money, but the main goal is fun.

Dear readers, please rate this game in the Android Market ... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.galiksoft.misterbuga&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nYWxpa3NvZnQubWlzdGVyYnVnYSJd

Evil_ent: May you show me a "good" game you have developed? I'm curious to see yout great developer quality...

#6 LennyLen   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3200

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Congratulations on producing a finished game. That alone is a task that many people fail to accomplish. I do however share EVIL_ENT's concerns about the level of professional polish that the game has. I would suggest to you that you don't try to sell this game, but instead release it for free on Android as well. I would then suggest that you seek the assistance of a graphic artist to create art for you so that you can create a better version of the game that you can sell. Since you already have a working version of the game, this should be much easier than if you were asking for help on a project that was just beginning.

Good luck, and again, congratulations for what you have done so far.

#7 smr   Members   -  Reputation: 1540

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

I would suggest to you that you don't try to sell this game, but instead release it for free on Android as well. I would then suggest that you seek the assistance of a graphic artist to create art for you so that you can create a better version of the game that you can sell. Since you already have a working version of the game, this should be much easier than if you were asking for help on a project that was just beginning.

While I agree that it'd be easier to get an artist's help with a working game, I wouldn't go putting it on the market if you plan to make big improvements later. I'd wait until it's ready, then release. Allowing your game to get a poor rating because you released it before it was ready would probably make this a failure on the market, no matter how much you polish it later.

#8 LennyLen   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3200

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

I would suggest to you that you don't try to sell this game, but instead release it for free on Android as well. I would then suggest that you seek the assistance of a graphic artist to create art for you so that you can create a better version of the game that you can sell. Since you already have a working version of the game, this should be much easier than if you were asking for help on a project that was just beginning.

While I agree that it'd be easier to get an artist's help with a working game, I wouldn't go putting it on the market if you plan to make big improvements later. I'd wait until it's ready, then release. Allowing your game to get a poor rating because you released it before it was ready would probably make this a failure on the market, no matter how much you polish it later.

Agreed. I meant make it a sequal, or as a Pro version, rather than as an update.

#9 galiksoft   Banned   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi.

I hired an artist to help me improve the game graphics.

Just wait some days, and I'll have a new version to announce.

The game will be much more attractive graphically, but It will keep the same gameplay.

And certainly, you will want to play it.

GALIKSOFT

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS