• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[Unity] What's the best way to handle Aiming Down Sights in FPS?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 farooqaaa   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

Currently, I run the game and position the weapon so the its aimed perfectly and save that position in a Vector3. This is working fine but I was wondering if there's any other better way.

Sponsor:

#2 meeshoo   Members   -  Reputation: 508

0Likes

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Well, you are not giving us too much info to work with, but what do you understand by "a better way"? If it works for you, then I guess it is OK. Are you trying to make some wobbling to the gun to simulate body movement while breathing, or any other effects?

#3 frob   Moderators   -  Reputation: 22693

0Likes

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

The general implementation is easy enough: reduce the viewing angle from the 60' or so that you normally use down to around 8' viewing angle that a good scope will give, then draw crosshairs over everything. To help the player you also need to reduce the sensitivity of movement.

What more are you looking for in a scope?

Check out my book, Game Development with Unity, aimed at beginners who want to build fun games fast.

Also check out my personal website at bryanwagstaff.com, where I write about assorted stuff.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS