Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


Problem with Visual c++


Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

  • You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 ThePointingMan   Members   -  Reputation: 195

Like
0Likes
Like

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'll get straight to the point, This just started happening today, and I've never had this before, but every single .cpp file I create in vc++, even if i don't write anything in it gets the c1038 error, it then shows the path to the file and says, file not included in directory. if I make a new file, copy and paste all my existing code into the new file, and name the file the same thing as the previous file and the previous file something else, even with it in the same folder as the previous file, it still does not work. I don't know what changed that could have started this, but it's rather fustrating.

Sponsor:

#2 Labouts   Members   -  Reputation: 133

Like
0Likes
Like

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Does this only happen in a certain project or does it happen with all new projects (like simple "hello world" programs) as well?

Edit: Either way, check Tools->Options->Projects->VC++ Directories to see if everything is in order there. Having your directories set incorrectly can do this.

#3 ThePointingMan   Members   -  Reputation: 195

Like
0Likes
Like

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hmm, Yeah it only seems to happen in the one project, but I've never messed with the Vc++ Directories since the day I started the project, and it's been fine up until now, I'll check if everythings in order, and if I still can't figure it out, perhaps just making a new project and putting all the source files in it will work. I'll check it out and fill ya in if it works.

#4 ThePointingMan   Members   -  Reputation: 195

Like
0Likes
Like

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Alright, I think I've figured it out, it was indeed the directories being screwed up. As a checkpoint, I copy and pasted the whole project, just so that if i messed up i could go back, and I believe somehow in that the directory got screwed up. Thanks for the help




Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.



PARTNERS