• Create Account

Problem with isometric tiles.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 hustlerinc   Members   -  Reputation: 169

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Hello.
As the topic says im having trouble with my isometric tiles.
I got it working but cant really understand how to get the tiles to fit toghether.

My tiles are 70x34 wide atm, this because i got a whitespace between tiles when i had them 70x35. i thought i figured it out until i started drawing the graphics.
Since my bottom row of pixels is 6px straight line and the rest is 2px to the side 1 up this causes a problem to fit different tiles toghether in a fluid way.

But how do i get rid of the whitespace between the tiles?

I could post a screenshot if im not explaining good enough.

Sponsor:

#2 FLeBlanc   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3125

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

This is the way I do tiles:
Posted Image

The part of the tile that is white/green alternating satisfies the twice-as-wide-as-tall requirement of a 2:1 isometric tile, and the red pixels offer "padding" that fills the cracks between tiles.

Posted Image

In this case, the tiles are 128x64. The tile to the bottom right of a given tile is offset by 64x32 pixels, so the spacing is easily calculated.

#3 hustlerinc   Members   -  Reputation: 169

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

awesome answer just what i needed, i will try it right away. thank you.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS