• Create Account

Direct3D9 Test Application (maybe it will help someone)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 bboysil   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hello, I am thinking this might help someone so... (short version: just see the attached program)

A few years ago when I started learning Direct 3d and getting in more depth into Win32 API I created a a simple application which grew, and grew, and in a couple of months I decided I knew enough and just abandoned it.. (I discovered render Monkey and other stuff)

I rediscovered today it and thought it might help someone, so I attached the executable to this post.

The application basically does this:
- it renders one object in a child window (selectable between a cube, sphere or plane)
- it has a very big menu containing all (or almos all) parameters which are settable to the fixed function pipeline so I could see the effect they have on the object in realtime (they have the same name as in the MSDN documenation)
- you can directly maniplate the world matrix, view matrix or projection matrix or you can generate this on the fly using parameters
- Upload textures and play around with the texture blending modes
- simple camera implementation which you can fly around the world (FPS style) and see the object from different sides...
- other features I do not remember..

Everything is done from scratch in C++ using win32 API in Visual Studio 2008. If you want I will upload the VS2008 project... (but beware, this application was never meant for a public release or for someone else to view the code. As I said it was an experiment with the Win32 API and Direct3D.. more like a scratchpad in which you just write random stuff to figure something out)

Here is a screenshot:

Posted Image

Attached Files

Sponsor:

#2 bboysil   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Also some feedback on a game I want to develop for Android devices would be great. Here is the base idea url:

I wrote that right after the above D3DTest application, and that was my first on a mobile device using Win32 mobile API and Direct3D9 mobile

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS