• Create Account

Rendering problem

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 yilatil   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm not very sure if this is the right forum or should I post it to mobile development forum but I believe it's an OpenGL based problem.

I wrote some opengl code with C on windows, fully compatible with OpenGL ES. So without any changes (except a couple of context creation code) it worked on ios perfectly in terms of compilation, but has some problems with the result produced.

I can say the code has no problem because it works as it should on windows but it looks weird on ios.

It is like the polygons on the side that is close to camera are like not drawn. They appear as I rotate the object and another set vanishes. Here is a comparison image;

Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 dpadam450   Members   -  Reputation: 923

0Likes

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Only thing that makes sense might be a depth precision issue. Do you have GL_CULL_FACE on? That might not be a tranparent/undrawn face, but the back face behind the triangle that is rendering a different color. What if you glScalef(2,2,2); so that it pushes the verts further apart in depth?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS