• Create Account

Machina Engine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 FelipeFS   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

The project Machina Engine aims to develop electronic games, with non-delimited gender, with the support of an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to make the development process easier and faster. However, unlike other IDE, Machina engine is being projected to be highly customizable, allowing the developer to make deep changes in Game Engine. The library is being written in Pascal(Object-Pascal) with the open-source compiler Free Pascal.
At the current state of development, it is being implemented the program's ability to manipulate the content of games. This content includes:
  • Classes;
  • Variables;
  • Sprites(2D Sprites, Vetoriais Sprites and 3D Sprites);
  • Pictures, Backgrounds, and TileSets;
  • Sound and Music;
  • Fonts;
  • Texts;
  • Rooms and Maps;
  • Scripts;
This Game Engine is will offers an drag-and-drop interface to make 2D, 3D and vectorial games.

So far, the Game Engine Library has the following features:

- Has its own script language(with one is not needed to learn);
- Develop classes, with a hierarchical system;
- Develop/Create sprites;
- The sprite system is being constructed to be flexible. To make it able in the future to choice between a 2D, 3D, or a vectorial sprite
- Create rooms, the maps of the game;
- Has its own resource stream management. With can create encrypted(or not, if the user want to) storage files.
- File stream management;

The IDE, so far, has the following features:
- Can use the fully the script language system;
- Create, manipulate, and destroy classes;
- Create, and destroy sprites;
- Create, manipulate, and destroy rooms(maps);
- Manipulate the main project configurations, like screen mode, resolution, define with on is the global base class;

IDE Screenshots:
[Main window]
[Frame - Class development]
[Frame - Room/Map development]

This is it. I can say that the hardest part is over - the creation of a system to make interpretation of the script language. The others systems(with you can see in the left frame of the window) are still not done, but they will be easy to create(the management tools of these system will be similar - in a programming level - to the class management tool).

You will find updates in my blog [PixelDeveloper]
Thank you all! I hope to "finish"(not literally, since I plan to update it constantly) this project this year! =)

Edited by FelipeFS, 01 July 2012 - 11:53 PM.

My WebBlog : PixelDeveloper

Sponsor:

#2 FelipeFS   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

Just acomplished part of the "room tiling implementation" for 2D orthographic projection.
I have four 2D projections to accomplish:
  • Orthographic;
  • Isometric;
  • Dimetric;
  • Trimetric;
I'm excited to start implementing the dimetric and trimetric projections. Few games use these projections(as far I know: SimCity, Fallout, and a PacMan).

Also, the OpenGL implementation is done.

Posted Image
My WebBlog : PixelDeveloper

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS