• Create Account

GDC 2012

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#21 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

And on a more serious note, I'm going to make an official request of all those going: Have a competition to see which GameDev user can get the most pictures with booth babes.

The last time I was there, there were pretty much no booth babes. There were females who happened to work at the booths, but I only ever say a handful dressed in any attractive way.

If we count parties then this will get interesting though...

Sponsor:

#22 Washu   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 4642

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

This is not a "boothbabe" event. The expo floor is mainly a "hiring and get your name in the door or get conned into going to a 'game college'" type of expo.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.
ScapeCode - Blog | SlimDX

#23 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

This is not a "boothbabe" event. The expo floor is mainly a "hiring and get your name in the door or get conned into going to a 'game college'" type of expo.

Lots of productivity software as well... and t-shirts. :D

#24 Washu   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 4642

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Oh yes, can't forget the dozen or more MMO game engines that are always there.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.
ScapeCode - Blog | SlimDX

#25 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6974

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

From what I've seen, there are very few booth babes at GDC. I guess that is probably a positive.

Nah, that is a positive. Less distraction from the important stuff. I was just hoping I could con someone into a competition to find out who the creepiest GD user was ha. Guess that one didn't work too well though.
[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#26 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Nah, that is a positive. Less distraction from the important stuff. I was just hoping I could con someone into a competition to find out who the creepiest GD user was ha. Guess that one didn't work too well though.

idk who that would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a goatee.

#27 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2697

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

idk who that would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a goatee.

I c what u did there >.>

#28 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 4814

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

FYI everyone here is the main coverage page

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#29 sanwayzar   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

I will be going, representing GAME-O-GAMI! This will be my first time at GDC, so I'm excited to look around, meet people, and talk about making games. I put up some teaser info on the game I'm working on now on the website:
http://www.game-o-gami.com/
If you're going to be there on those days and would like to meetup for whatever reason, just shoot me an email. Looking forward to meeting many more fellow game developers.

contact@game-o-gami.com
My Portfolio: www.sanhueza.com
My Studio: www.game-o-gami.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS