Best Python 3d library?

Started by
5 comments, last by Python# 12 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I just want to know which 3d library is best suited for Python. I've know about Panda3d, but it refuses to work on my Python editor, and I used Pygame before but I don't know how powerful it's 3D ability is.
Advertisement
There are a number of them. Panda3d is a good one, as you've mentioned, and it has been used to create games people actually play. Pygame is not a 3D engine. It just provides bindings to the OpenGL libraries, so any engine you would need to write yourself. A number of popular 3D engines written in other languages have python bindings. I've toyed with Ogre3d a few years ago and it did work, but I can't say anything more than that.
Okay, I'll give Panda3d another try. The problem with it is my Python gets an error when I try to import the Panda3d module. Could someone help me with this problem?
What operating system are you running? What version of Python? What version of Panda3D?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

What operating system are you running? What version of Python? What version of Panda3D?

Operating System: Windows 7
Python: 3.2.2
Panda3D: 1.7.2
Hi, afaik Panda3D doesn't support Python 3.x, but it works with Python 2.x, for a "modern" value of x. :) Have you tried launching the application using the ppython (instead of python) command from commandline?

[ About me ]

I figured it out, I downloaded Python 2.6 and put it into the python directory in Panda3D. Now I can import the Panda3D modules. Thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement