• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

SDL with g++ on OSX Lion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 lilroo   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

Dose anyone know how to set up SDL (simple direct media layer) on OSX Lion so I can compile my code with g++ ? I have read the "readme" that comes with the package and I have placed the frameworks folder in the relevant directory, however, this does not seem to be enough. Can anyone help me ? I have been stuck with this problem for a week now, and any suggestions would be great. (I do not want to use Xcode)

Sponsor:

#2 martinis_shaken   Members   -  Reputation: 145

0Likes

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

http://lazyfoo.net/S...son01/index.php

Lazy foo has a great tutorial for setting up SDL in various environments. It is also an amazing resource for the basics of SDL. As for G++ in OS X, there isn't a direct example (as the OSX tutorial only supports XCode). However, there is a tutorial for command-line in linux that uses g++. May be your best bet for getting started.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS