• Create Account

Pix and SlimDx not working after Studio 11 Beta install

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 almainv   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi,

Pix stopped working for me after installing Studio 11 Beta.

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bits
SlimDX x86 (January 2012)
DirectX SDK (June 2010)
Project is x86

The program runs fine, pix lists events but even when I select a draw call it says
"not a draw call" and "mesh data is only available for draw calls"

Behavior is the same with DX11 or DX10 projects.

Has anyone managed to get pix working with studio 11 beta?

Thanks for your help.

pix.jpg

Sponsor:

#2 Tsus   Members   -  Reputation: 1024

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi!

I haven’t tried the new Visual Studio out yet. So I can’t help you with field experience. Posted Image
But, wasn’t one of the new Visual Studio 11 features that PIX is now integrated in Visual Studio? They renamed it to “Graphics Debugger”. Maybe that one works for you.
Still, odd enough that the good old PIX causes problems after installing VS 11… Posted Image
Which Windows SDK do you have, by the way? (DirectX updates are shipped in this SDK.)

Cheers!

Acagamics e.V. – IGDA Student Game Development Club (University of Magdeburg, Germany)

#3 almainv   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

I tried to use Graphics Debugger but can't seem to get it to run with managed code.
The studio 11 installer installed SDK 8.0

I'll give Graphics Debugger another shot.

Thanks

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS