• Create Account

Demo levels for engine development

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 zacaj   Members   -  Reputation: 643

0Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I was wondering if there are any newer games/engines (preferably post bump-mapping at least) that have an open (or at least reverse engineered) map/level format so that I could load some of the levels from the game into the renderer/engine Im making just so I can test how it looks in 'real world' scenarios without spending a few weeks making my own level.

Sponsor:

#2 Tsus   Members   -  Reputation: 990

1Likes

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

I would be interested in some nice (preferably very big) test levels, too. Posted Image
I'm tired of looking at Crytek Sponza all the time. Posted Image
Here is, what I found so far:Cheers!

Acagamics e.V. – IGDA Student Game Development Club (University of Magdeburg, Germany)

#3 xycsoscyx   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 318

0Likes

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

There's also a ton of info about Doom3/Quake4 levels and they are relatively easy to load. The format is a pure text based one which requires a little extra work (calculating normals/tangents/etc) but work well for a demo. There are also a ton of resources with free levels/textures from different map makers and modders. If you're just looking for some raw data to test out, I'd recommend that.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS