• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How do you find missling links in a web site using Visual Studio?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 athono   Members   -  Reputation: 132

0Likes

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:07 AM

I am studying a web site that caught my eye by making a test site privately. Since the original html and CSS and JavaScript code is on a Windows Server and since I am making a test version on a Linux server, there are issues with missing links because of case sensitivity.

Anyway, this is he point. When I load the test website, I get an error message that some file cannot be found, but it does not tell me what file. It is a very general error message. Because of the size and all the connections and files, it is difficult to track down what file is missing or misnamed file. Now, I think there is a way to easily find out exactly what file is not found. I think there is a way to do this using Visual Studio test classes and projects. Am I right?

Sponsor:

#2 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5792

1Likes

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

I am studying a web site that caught my eye by making a test site privately. Since the original html and CSS and JavaScript code is on a Windows Server and since I am making a test version on a Linux server, there are issues with missing links because of case sensitivity.

Anyway, this is he point. When I load the test website, I get an error message that some file cannot be found, but it does not tell me what file. It is a very general error message. Because of the size and all the connections and files, it is difficult to track down what file is missing or misnamed file. Now, I think there is a way to easily find out exactly what file is not found. I think there is a way to do this using Visual Studio test classes and projects. Am I right?

Can you post a screen shot, or a more detailed copy of the error message it gives you, as from my experiences the error messages for missing content in a website in Visual Studio are quite detailed and explicit.

#3 athono   Members   -  Reputation: 132

0Likes

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

You are much more knowledgeable than I am about visual studio.

I want to know what you know.

I am using Visual Studio 11 Beta, but I do not think there is a lot of difference between this version and the previous versions.

How do I even load the html file for debugging? If I just load it as a file, I do not see how I can run the file.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS