Son of Nor

Started by
177 comments, last by cpolus 9 years ago

Son of Nor

StillAlive-Studios

phoca_thumb_l_Szene1.jpg

Short game description

"Son of Nor" (SON) is a 3rd person Fantasy RPG. It’s a mage-only RPG, which plays mainly in the desert and its main focus lies on being as dynamic as possible. You cannot just move objects arbitrarily around, but you can alter your environment. You can change the terrain via terraforming magic, and you can summon spells that can be combined in a very intuitive, innovative way. It’s easy to learn and simple to control, however there are so many things you can do that it can be quite difficult to master.

The game itself supports single and multiplayer modes. You can play via LAN, Internet or locally on splitscreen using controllers. There will be a variety of different play modes, from simple death-matches to cooperative invasion which can be thought of as a tower-defense-like-mode.
The first version of Son of Nor is going to be released around Q4 2012 supporting both the single and multiplayer arena modes described above. Afterwards an addon to the game is planned, which will add a singleplayer and coop-storyline. The story itself and the entire universe of SON are mostly done already.

[VIDEO]

">
[/VIDEO]

Key features

- Revolutionary and innovative magic system
- Terraforming (levels can be modified in-game[permanently])
- No HUD: all relevant information is provided in an intuitive and "natural" way
- Variety of arena-modes (coop-modes inclusive!)

- Split-screen for up to 4 players on a single PC

- Multiplayer-mode via LAN and internet up to 8 players

- Multiplayer coop "campaign"

Release

Q4 2012 via Steam, Desura, etc.

Platform

Windows and MacOS.

Price

Between 10€ and 15€

Contact Us

If you want to get in touch with us send an email to info@stillalive-studios.com
and be sure to keep up with us for regular news and updates via

[twitter]sasGames[/twitter]

OR
on facebook

Editor // Joy-Toilet.com

Anything But Shitty Entertainment!

Advertisement
Just epic.
I like the ability to terraform using telekinesis! Will make for fun deathmatches, I can imagine myself raising a mound of sand in front of me and then throwing a boulder as a combo! And maybe casting a quick burn spell somewhere after that.

Does telekinesis work for other environmental objects like trees and thin walls?

Also, given that the hurricane can lift small rocks, can it also uproot trees or tear down weak buildings?

Cheers
~dd~
Hi there!
Just to introduce myself: I'm the lead programmer of SON.

Regarding your question about tearing out trees. We thought of it, but currently it's not possible. We have to investigate the topic further, to see if it can be done in a good way. Regarding buildings: there will be some buildings which are destroyable, and therefore can be affected by telekinesis, and others which are not. For instance we are currently planning a map, where the big defensive walls can be destroyed completely, which should be quite fun ;-)

At the moment we are implementing new spells as well and just finished with our first implementation of the death-magic. Here a short video:

Note: The violet rays do quite hurt ;-)
What do u think about it? Do u like it?

We'll keep u up to date!
Team leader of stillalive|studios
our current project: Son of Nor (facebook, [twitter]sasGames[/twitter], website)
If you like what you see so far you should check out our new implementation of force magic. The video demonstrates the use of force orb, force shield and compression field.

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Editor // Joy-Toilet.com

Looks promising! Pretty well done for a pre-alpha ;)
We are currently working a lot on the magic system and AI. At the same time our modelers prepare models for our next map and some variations of Sarahuls (which are the opponent race). Here some preview of the wip:
Sarahul%20Warrior%20CharStrip%200328.jpg

We are still in need for a level designer and an animator. If you are interested in joining us, feel free to contact us at:
[email="application@stillalive-studios.com"]application@stillalive-studios.com[/email]
More information can be found on our website: Join us!
Team leader of stillalive|studios
our current project: Son of Nor (facebook, [twitter]sasGames[/twitter], website)
Omg. This is like.....I can't even think of a word for it. I've always wanted to play a game like this.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

Wow, looks really great. Good luck !
Thank you everyone for taking interest in our project. The team is very eager to turn SON into a finished title later on this year. We are publishing detailed updates and information more frequently at http://www.son-of-nor.com but of course there will be periodic updates here involving major changes to the game itself. Now, what would this post be without some eye-candy? Here is a taste of something we have been working on:

Wall_final.jpg

Above is what we call the Sarahul Wall. It is a map in progress that places emphasis on the players ability to alter the environment. As always we look forward to any feedback so don't be shy. Thank you, we promise you will be hearing from us again soon.

Editor // Joy-Toilet.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement