• Create Account

Questions about java.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seephirot   Members   -  Reputation: 110

0Likes

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Im really interested at starting programming, i dont know nothing programming, so making a research i decide to start learning right form java programming, making more researches i start reading "Thinking in Java" book. But i dont know how much i need to know to start at making even the most simple game or learning gaming programming.

And any recommendation for any java game programming book?

PD: Im Venezuelan, so sorry for my bad english.

Thank you all.

Sponsor:

#2 thecheeselover   Members   -  Reputation: 319

0Likes

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Java The Complete Reference is a good book.
Hide yo cheese! Hide yo wife!

#3 daviangel   Members   -  Reputation: 600

2Likes

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

In order from easiest IMO to harder:

Introduction to Programming with Greenfoot: Object-Oriented Programming in Java with Games and Simulations

Programming Video Games for the Evil Genius

Beginning Java SE 6 Game Programming, 3rd Ed.

Developing Games in Java

Killer Game Programming in Java

You'll probably want to check out Killer Game programming for sure though since you can check out the source code and an older version of the book online for free.
Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS