• Create Account

Multi monitor refresh rates

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 osiris11   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hey.

I have set up a framework to render to a multi-monitor system, using a separate window, swap chain, buffers, etc per monitor, and seperate devices per adapter.

It is completely working in windowed mode, but when I go fullscreen (Test system has two monitors only, I render a gray background for testing, cursor is shown), on the right monitor there is a black vertical bar, that keeps the pointer from moving out.

I go fullscreen, after I have created all devices, using a loop over

p_swapChain->SetFullscreenState(true, p_output);

where p_output is a valid pointer to the corresponding IDXGIOutput interface of my display.

The display mode for each display is enumerated to be the highest possible resolution and refresh rate for each display.

I my test case, I traced the values to be
  • 1280x1024px @ 75Hz
  • 1280x1024px @ 76Hz
Yes, the 76 is intended, I have two different refresh rates (even astounding to me).

So, my question is:
Can I have different resolutions per buffer, or will I have to settle with the greatest common? (seems this can be done!)
Can I have different refresh rates per swap chain, and does anyone know a convenient way to check for an all display supporting refresh rate?

Or am I missing something completely different?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS