• Create Account

So I'm hearing that the Unity3D Android and IOS Licenses are free.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 Slateboard   Members   -  Reputation: 204

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

At least for a limited time.

Is there a catch to this? I'm not involved in any mobile development, but if the licenses are free, I think it'd be good to grab them for future use.

Sponsor:

#2 Martins Mozeiko   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1422

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

They are giving for free basic versions, not Pro.
To see the differences go to store page, and press "Read more [+]" link, and there select "License Comparison".

#3 Slateboard   Members   -  Reputation: 204

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks. I imagine even if it's not Pro, it's worth it.

#4 daviangel   Members   -  Reputation: 600

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Thanks. I imagine even if it's not Pro, it's worth it.

Yeah if you are doing or planning on doing iPhone or Android since it lets you deploy to iOS and Android. If you have basic version those options will be grayed out.
Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

#5 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19375

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Definitely worth grabbing if you may want to pursue it in future. be aware that you still can't target iOS without a mac though.

#6 Slateboard   Members   -  Reputation: 204

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

I have a Macbook Pro, so I'm already past that hurdle.

#7 BLiTZWiNG   Members   -  Reputation: 349

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

This will allow me to experiment more freely with Android :)

#8 MikeYg   Members   -  Reputation: 220

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

Iv been sent two different serial numbers and not one of them works, do u think its a problem at my end?

#9 daviangel   Members   -  Reputation: 600

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Iv been sent two different serial numbers and not one of them works, do u think its a problem at my end?

Yes. Mine worked. You could try manual activation.
Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

#10 MikeYg   Members   -  Reputation: 220

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

I spoke to a tech support guy yesterday and he was very helpful, iv been watching the tornado twins unity on youtube very helpful check them out!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS