• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

C# Express 2010, publish/compile questions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 dragonalumni   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm working on a project and I've tried to republish a new version of my code to test it out and it says it's already installed.

I cannot "remove" it via control panel and the location is supposed to exist in was a flash drive that I took to a friends place, but
that version didn't work correctly anyways.

In short, how to circumnavigate the restrictions on multiple installs for testing code using Express 2010?

Or, how to correctly uninstall an old version? Of course it has no "uninstaller"

Sponsor:

#2 Serapth   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 5661

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

I'm working on a project and I've tried to republish a new version of my code to test it out and it says it's already installed.

I cannot "remove" it via control panel and the location is supposed to exist in was a flash drive that I took to a friends place, but
that version didn't work correctly anyways.

In short, how to circumnavigate the restrictions on multiple installs for testing code using Express 2010?

Or, how to correctly uninstall an old version? Of course it has no "uninstaller"

Ok, there is a missing piece of information here, as unless you have done something specific, there is no installer created and nothing needs to be done on a recompile, other than exiting the program.

You didn't specify the language you are talking. If you are talking about a web app, that changes things. Most likely you are talking about the Publish Wizard/ AKA Click Once, in that case, simply delete the install folder. If you are using ClickOnce read this. That said, by default ClickOnce will create an uninstall option in the control panel.

#3 dragonalumni   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the reply but,. the title of my thread is : C# Express 2010, publish/compile questions

The language I'm using is C# and I'm using express 2010.

The last time I was programming about 5 years ago it was in unix and C++ I'm a little bit confused why I have to "publish" my work instead of just compile it and test it. Because I cannot use the debug tool to do this, (It's multi user and networked so I need to run multiple clients).. so it seems I need to publish.

The problem is that it's stating that the application is already installed. However, it's not part of the control panel so I'm not sure why it's "installed" or why I cannot install it again in a new place.

#4 Telastyn   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3730

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm a little bit confused why I have to "publish" my work instead of just compile it and test it.

You don't have to publish your work. When you build it, you get an exe in the bin directory under your project. Just go and run it.

#5 dragonalumni   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

thanks, i'll check that out right now.

does anyone know how to uninstall a "published" work?

control panel (remove programs) = fail (not listed). no "uninstaller" method obvious to me..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS