Humans Must Answer (2D space shooter)

Started by
40 comments, last by Adaline 11 years, 1 month ago
logoHmaBlack.png

API: ?#, XNA
Platform: PC
Team: SumomGames

Hi!

My name is Eugeny and I am one of the developers of the small independent game company SumomGames. The last 6 months we have working hard on our first game - Humans Must Answer.

Humans Must Answer it's a 2D space shooter with puzzle elements, set in the distant future. It's an satirical adventure of two young spaceship pilots, searching for knowledge and found themselves in the Solar System. Basically Humans Must Answer is a horizontal scrolling shooter with a lot of shooting, evading, hidden bonuses, bosses but with some additional features. Player can place temporary towers (dron-towers) on the battlefield, combine weapons and more.

work in progress trailer (1080p and fullscreen recommended smile.png)
[media]
[/media]

(link for trailer in 60fps - http://www.sendspace.com/file/8ausnb)

What do you guys think?
Advertisement
That looks pretty darn awesome, I'll definitly keep my eyes open for the release of this one (I love shooters and there really hasn't been alot of good ones for the PC lately).

What digital distribution services will you use for the game ?
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

That looks pretty darn awesome, I'll definitly keep my eyes open for the release of this one (I love shooters and there really hasn't been alot of good ones for the PC lately).

What digital distribution services will you use for the game ?

yes, we think so too. and we love them and PC too so decided to do it yourself :)

we would like to get on Steam of course )
The graphics kind of blew me away. You guys have really only been working on this for six months? Great work!

The only negative is that this game makes my own in-development 2D shooter look terrible :)
Incredible graphics and looks like you have a good set of weapons in there. Any bosses?

The graphics kind of blew me away. You guys have really only been working on this for six months? Great work!

We started sometime in August so yes 6-7 months.
All except background. For now we use one big photo from hubble and I doubt that we will use it in the release.

Incredible graphics and looks like you have a good set of weapons in there. Any bosses?

Of course! We are working on bosses.
Development Update: We've started working on humans.

In other news, CCTV Captures Mysterious Accident on Orbital Highway 9.

[media]
[/media]
Wow!

This looks super sweet!

The fact that you developed this in 6 months is crazy..
Did you use any existing engine or legacy code or did you start from scratch?

Either way, well done and keep it up!

BR / AS

Wow!

This looks super sweet!

The fact that you developed this in 6 months is crazy..
Did you use any existing engine or legacy code or did you start from scratch?

Either way, well done and keep it up!

BR / AS

Thank You!

We decided to use only XNA because we wanted to learn all aspects of programming/game developing from scratch.
So we downloaded books, XNA, examples from AppHub and began to understand how it all works. Then we found good graphic artist and that's it )
more human space forces )

trisisters.jpg

leshigreen.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement