• Create Account

Humans Must Answer (2D space shooter)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

#21 Olof Hedman   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2949

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Ah, I see. Yes I can see you have already put some love there, I'm sure it will be great Posted Image

Maybe some add on's that move? like orbiting tiny helper ships. Or just shift around a bit when you move.
Something like a small shooting ship you drag around on a short invisible (pretty stiff) spring might be fun

Sorry, I'm sure you have plenty of ideas yourself Posted Image

Edited by Olof Hedman, 23 May 2012 - 02:20 PM.

Sponsor:

#22 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Maybe some add on's that move? like orbiting tiny helper ships. Or just shift around a bit when you move.
Something like a small shooting ship you drag around on a short invisible (pretty stiff) spring might be fun

yeah, eggs or even chiks ha-ha :)

#23 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Space, Music and Sunshine

Update.

First. We've added radio to the shop menu. Player can choose the melody that will play in the map/shop menu or simply listen to game ost in one place.

Second. We've implemented dynamic sun in the game. Many thanks for the help with "sun shader" for great guy Charles Humphrey (@NemoKrad).

Third. We've decided to upload part of game's OST. And our first ost-video (Humans Must Answer OST 001): ViA Magic - Space Fly (yeah, it's obvious reference to the cool electronic music band from 70s :)

So 3-in-1 video below

Please watch, listen and tell us what you think. Thanks!

#24 jefferytitan   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2242

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Wow, very nice! I like the weapon and explosion effects! Is the "mysterious accident" video a cutscene? Or trailer only?

#25 Majestic_Mastermind   Members   -  Reputation: 215

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

I dropped a comment on your youtube video, but here is what i posted

This game looks amazing. The animation is smooth, the effects are awesome, and the artwork is beautiful. This will be a very successful game. Keep up the good work . Check me out as well :)

#26 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

Wow, very nice! I like the weapon and explosion effects! Is the "mysterious accident" video a cutscene? Or trailer only?

Thank you! No, it's trailer only, We wanted to show some new effects and content and thought that would be cool to made small video with plot for that :)

I dropped a comment on your youtube video, but here is what i posted

This game looks amazing. The animation is smooth, the effects are awesome, and the artwork is beautiful. This will be a very successful game. Keep up the good work . Check me out as well Posted Image

Thanks! :)

#27 Aerin   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

Posted Image

I hope this isn't inappropriate.

I should add the game looks excellent. I'll definitely be following it.

Edited by Aerin, 12 July 2012 - 03:26 AM.

#28 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

I hope this isn't inappropriate.

I should add the game looks excellent. I'll definitely be following it.

Exceptional proposal hehe :)

#29 Aerin   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

My favorite was always,

"I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothings happening!"

I'm excited to see this. It really shows dedication. Plus I was always a fan of the old space shooters available on the those old computers. I can't remember if it was available on the Apple 2, or... was it 95, or 98?

So, how much?

#30 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

I'm excited to see this. It really shows dedication. Plus I was always a fan of the old space shooters available on the those old computers. I can't remember if it was available on the Apple 2, or... was it 95, or 98?

R-Type on Amiga - 1989! )

So, how much?

I think it's too early to say :)

#31 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

new screenshot - space tube Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by EugenySG, 21 July 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#32 Mussi   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2099

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

Some amazing work going on here, looks awesome! Any scheduled release date? And will you be releasing this on XBLA as well?

#33 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:13 AM

Some amazing work going on here, looks awesome! Any scheduled release date? And will you be releasing this on XBLA as well?

Thanks!
We hope early next year.
For XBLA we need publisher, so I don't know for now.

#34 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

Humans Must Answer has been submitted to the IGF! We're nervous :) New trailer too:

And if you want to play Humans Must Answer on Steam, then you need to help us out and vote it up on Greenlight! :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102856657

#35 EngineProgrammer   Members   -  Reputation: 295

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Wooooaaaah that looks awesome!! Posted Image

#36 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

nO5JDl.jpg

WELCOME TO NEW URUK!

---

With the danger of living in today's Solar System, all you really want is to be around likeminded people, a comfortable home and the latest technology to make your life as easy as it possibly can be. Right? Located on and around the always sunshine-happy Uruk Sulcus region on Ganymede, New Uruk is a new kind of city for exciting people - one that welcomes you with open arms and guarantees that all of your needs can be catered within a kilometer radius.

Since its inception, New Uruk has become the commercial and domestic heart of the galaxy. There's no place quite like it! Being situated right next to the huge scientific laboratories around Jupiter means that the very latest innovative breakthroughs are delivered to, sometimes even tested on, the denizens of New Uruk. You can be ahead of all the technological trends to ensure that your apartment is kitted out with the most plush metallic wares. If you are into your science, then you'll be excited to hear that you'll be just minutes away from all of the biggest fairs and expos - tech heads and cyborgs will fit right in here!

New Uruk is also one of the cleanest human cities of today's great age! This is partly due to making use of our huge Solar Sails to bring electricity 24/7 to everyone located in three of the city's four huge quadrants, but also because all other resources are imported from Mars. You'll find no quarries here!

Worried about crime in the big city? Fear not, for New Uruk has the best police force that humankind has ever known. Led by the formidable Sheriff Gilgamesh, our police units use the latest search and tracking technology to chase up any crime they don't deal with on the spot with a 99% chance of justice being served!

We can't wait to hand over your new apartment in our exciting city! We're sure you'll fit right in as all personalities are served, ensuring you can live your life of pleasure with no worries. Sign up today!

And remember, always wear your Sun Screen!

#37 jbadams   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 19366

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Wish I'd noticed this one sooner!  Beautiful art style, have you considered also submitting some images to our Image of The Day gallery?

#38 Cornstalks   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 6991

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I loved that video. Thanks for sharing; keep up the awesome work!

[ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

#39 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3416

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Now if you only you could tell us if you knew whether another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would ever be made. Really nice work. Will log onto Steam later and upvote your greenlight.

#40 EugenySG   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

I'm very sorry it took so long to reply ) work takes all the time.
feel like a cave man, who finally got out of the cave )) it is certainly wrong )

to jbadams: 

yeah, of course. What I need to do for that? (if it is still valid :))

to Cornstalks:

thanks!

to Stormynature:

hm, good question. I don't know. The core of the STALKER team is now working on Survarium - http://survarium.com/en

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw if someone want to pre-order the game or/and want to help make it bigger and better )

fd15a261fd9a39c77af45bdb54af2f62_large.j

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1166550020/humans-must-answer-an-explosive-2d-shmup

We need just £5,000 to add the final polish to the game and cover start-up costs in anticipation for a release on Windows PCs in May 2013.

However, we've had a number of requests for extra features such as co-op play, and so if we can obtain extra funds, as outlined by the stretch goals, then we can add extra music tracks, levels, bosses, enemies and said co-op play too! Of course, adding these extra features will add time on to the game's development and will mean the game sees a release after May 2013. In return for pledging money towards Humans Must Answer, backers can get their hands on digital copies of the game and its soundtrack, with higher tiers offering ways for players to add their own personal touches to the game such as appearing inside it as a statue, having their portrait etched on to the moon or working with us to create an alternate ending for the game.

Please spread the word in any way you can and if you need any extra information or materials to aid you in that please just ask!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS