• Create Account

Setup of SDL Libraries for Visual C++ Studio Express

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guillermo Lems   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forums!

Im a guy thats studying animation and illustration, but Im looking to start getting my feet wet in C++ programming. I have done a few projects in C# and Java, but nothing really complex.

I decided to start with Lazy Foo's tutorials, but Im having problems trying to set up the SDL libraries to work with Visual Studio.

I first tried the approach on this tutorial, but later I found out that I'm actually using C++ 2010, not 2005-08 as the example.

http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/windows/msvsnet0508e/index.php

But the tutorial was outdated for my program, so I did a bit more research and I found this one, which focus on Visual Studio 2010

http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/windows/msvsnet2010e/index.php

I managed to finish it, but I still got errors and I wasnt able to make it work out. I believe it doesnt work as the approach says its for Visual Studio 2010, and Im using Visual C++ 2010.

So I wanted to ask the community for help, as I keep looking online but still can get the program to work

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor:

#2 JustinDaniel   Members   -  Reputation: 137

0Likes

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Im looking to start getting my feet wet in C++ programming

I would not encourage doing that, If you are good with C# and XNA continue working on it.

What errors are you exactly getting ? Post them so we could figure it out.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS