HTML5 and It's logo

Started by
3 comments, last by coderWalker 12 years, 1 month ago
I would like to say in my program that it is HTML5 complaint and to show the HTML5 logo within the program.
Are these two things, html5 and it's logo, public domain? Also this is a commercial program.

Thanks
Walker
If this post was helpful please +1 or like it !

Webstrand
Advertisement
W3C's page dedicated to the logo certainly advocates you using it. And while I often say to never take legal advice from Wikipedia, this page may be useful (notice the license of the image).

[edit]

More clickies, yay! Their official FAQ. Note that these are things I found by googling "html5 logo," clicking seemingly relevant pages, and then following other seemingly relevant links.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Yea you can use it, it's used all over, just about anyone that wants you to know they use it shows it :)

Note that these are things I found by googling "html5 logo," clicking seemingly relevant pages, and then following other seemingly relevant links.

That's the way to search, all right!

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thanks for all the information.

Here is the licence for the image:

You are free:

• to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
  • to remix – to adapt the work

Under the following conditions:

• attribution – You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

[/quote]

This means I have to include in my credits who the logo belongs to right?
If this post was helpful please +1 or like it !

Webstrand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement