• Create Account

Question on choosing a university & masters program...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 datahead8888   Members   -  Reputation: 157

0Likes

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I currently have a bachelor's of computer science, and I'm interested in attending graduate school to get a master's of computer science.

I'm particularly interested in these topics:
*Physics simulations / general visual & interactive simulations - This seems to be a bit harder to find
*3D Graphics Rendering - This is more common, though not every unviersity is really strong here
*Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning - This is reasonably common, though specializations vary

These skills can both be useful in game programming and in a number of other real world applications (ie aircraft simulations and robotics). I would be interested in gaining the skills such that I could alternately work on game programming or other applications. I'm mainly intersted in using more math & algorithms while developing but still doing something visual in nature. I'm currently working in IT.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a top school like Carnegie Mellon or MIT. Those schools can be hard to get into (though I might still apply if I can).

I'm currently seeing which schools I can still apply at for fall 2012, and if that doesn't work out I'll apply for spring 2013.
I've currently applied at:
*Texas A&M
*The University of Southern California

Does anyone have suggestions on what schools are good for the needs I cited above?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS