• Create Account

Preventing banding textures in DirectX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grokys   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

I have a 3D scene that I've tried rendering in Direct3D 10 and using WPF's 3D framework. Obviously, going directly to Direct3D is producing far better performance but I am getting banding which doesn't appear using the same scene in WPF.
Does anyone have any tips on removing this type of artifact? It's obviously possible because WPF doesn't have it... If you have any questions about my Direct3D setup I will be please to add that information.
WPF:
Posted Image
DirectX:
Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 MJP   Moderators   -  Reputation: 11372

0Likes

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Are you using anisotropic filtering?

#3 mhagain   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7979

0Likes

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

Looks like incorrectly generated miplevels to me. Can you post some code for how you generate these?

It appears that the gentleman thought C++ was extremely difficult and he was overjoyed that the machine was absorbing it; he understood that good C++ is difficult but the best C++ is well-nigh unintelligible.

#4 Grokys   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Problem solved, if I use D3DX10_FILTER_TRIANGLE as my mip filter, I get output that looks like the WPF render. Easy as that!

Thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS