Pygame framerate?

Started by
1 comment, last by daviangel 12 years, 1 month ago
I've made several 2d games in C++ using SDL, but I've been thinking about switching to PyGame because Python is much easier to code in. However, according to http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/newbieguide.html, full screen updates are very slow in PyGame. Is this something to worry about? Is switching to Pygame worth it?
I trust exceptions about as far as I can throw them.
Advertisement
If you're used to using C++ and SDL, why would you want to change? There are ways that you could make development easier for yourself, such as implementing a scripting language, than switching environments entirely.

full screen updates are very slow in PyGame.
If this is so I haven't noticed in my PyGame games. Last time I saw a 2D game run slow was writing a space invaders game using swing in Java.
I use Python/Pygame all the time still to prototype games. Still one of the fastest ways I know of.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement