• Create Account

Normals inconsistent

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 O-san   Members   -  Reputation: 1671

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hello!

I have a problem with normals. They look slightly different in two different programs (game and editor). A picture to illustrate:

Posted Image

The game normals produce a slightly more round shape while the editor has the result I am looking for. I have been looking through my code searching for the cause of the inconsistency but can't find it. I am 99% certain that the normal and light positions have the same values:

Posted Image

I have tried glEnable(GL_NORMALIZE) and glLightModeli(GL_LIGHT_MODEL_LOCAL_VIEWER, GL_FALSE) (and true). Are there any other functions that I might have overlooked that can produce these differences?

Thanks for reading!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Sponsor:

#2 O-san   Members   -  Reputation: 1671

0Likes

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Well, it wasn't the normals or the lighting that was the problem. I had optimized the geometry in the game so the edges where lying differently. Problem solved :)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS