• Create Account

[C++/GameProgramming] - Need help to get started?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

#21 louiee   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

hello mr. tordin, this is a great thing you are doing, anyways do you have any messaging apps i can contact you with? i'm starting out to make a game, a 2d game to be exact
, then i want to develop my own engine, so basically i'll start out from scratch... my main language is C and my secondary is Java...i am a bit familiar with C++ though i wanna learn more :)

cheers!

Sponsor:

#22 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 310

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Hello!

My name is Vlad and i`am 14 years old.I just started to programming tic-tac toe and i was wondering if u are kind enought to spend your 30min or less(or more why not :D)to teach me how to make simple games like snake,pong and asteroids(i dont know if u hear about it was made in 1979)
I will be dedicated with all my soul, i know is hard cuz i try to learn for 3 weeks but you know its hard to find a good tutorial .Thanks for reading.

Btw talking/chatting in skype is not a problem my skype name is vladmihail.

#23 Marvel Magnum   Members   -  Reputation: 324

0Likes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Wonderful job you are doing here man! Please check your skype invite :)

#24 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 310

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

me?

#25 Tordin   Members   -  Reputation: 604

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:21 AM

Hello!

My name is Vlad and i`am 14 years old.I just started to programming tic-tac toe and i was wondering if u are kind enought to spend your 30min or less(or more why not Posted Image)to teach me how to make simple games like snake,pong and asteroids(i dont know if u hear about it was made in 1979)
I will be dedicated with all my soul, i know is hard cuz i try to learn for 3 weeks but you know its hard to find a good tutorial .Thanks for reading.

Btw talking/chatting in skype is not a problem my skype name is vladmihail.

No, i problably cant. spend some more time learning just c++.

hello mr. tordin, this is a great thing you are doing, anyways do you have any messaging apps i can contact you with? i'm starting out to make a game, a 2d game to be exact
, then i want to develop my own engine, so basically i'll start out from scratch... my main language is C and my secondary is Java...i am a bit familiar with C++ though i wanna learn more Posted Image

cheers!

well, go ahead and give me a sling on skype!
"There will be major features. none to be thought of yet"

#26 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 310

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Mr.Tordin i mean i can spend all my day lisen to you and programming but i was thinking if u have so many ,,students,, it will be hard.
If u want to teach me 24/24 i will be there!

#27 Greemax   Members   -  Reputation: 119

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hey

I have been programming in C and C++ languages but I can't say that I am experienced, I still have many things to learn. My main goal is to become a Game programmer but I would also like to know how to program Game Engines. I know the basics about programming but I really want to know many more beyond that. I am from Portugal and I would like to know if you can give me some help.

r

#28 Tordin   Members   -  Reputation: 604

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Mr.Tordin i mean i can spend all my day lisen to you and programming but i was thinking if u have so many ,,students,, it will be hard.

I´m not having lectures, I just give you a helping hand.

#29 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 310

0Likes

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

I see,but can i add you on skype cuz i want to ask you something about MAZE.

#30 ketang   Members   -  Reputation: 101

0Likes

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hello Nicklas, I have done some Visual Basic and C++ programming. But what I always wanted is to do something graphical with it. Would you be able to coach me a bit or give me a helping hand.

#31 Tordin   Members   -  Reputation: 604

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

I see,but can i add you on skype cuz i want to ask you something about MAZE.

Not to be rude, but im not even sure if you are serius or not :P

#32 vladmihail   Members   -  Reputation: 310

0Likes

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

I am extremly serius! i made an object @ to move around in a map! + health + health show! :D

#33 ReaCaer   Members   -  Reputation: 160

1Likes

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Can you really handle this? :P

You could make a game from scratch tutorial to help more people with less effort (or something like that) if you want to help new programmers..!

#34 Tordin   Members   -  Reputation: 604

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

Can you really handle this? Posted Image

You could make a game from scratch tutorial to help more people with less effort (or something like that) if you want to help new programmers..!

Good point, but then i lose some of the things i am looking for, to improve my mentoring aswell as learning skills. (and some other)
And as it is right now, i can help any more since i got a ton of peapol to help alredy :)

#35 Marvel Magnum   Members   -  Reputation: 324

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

Can you really handle this? Posted Image

Agreed. This guy has taken a bold step. But it also proves he's got a big heart. Wish him and his students all the best. Sadly, I did not make the cut but thats beside the point. :(

#36 holdon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Wow, hello! Will people only be consulting with you? or is there something more than that?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS