First Person Shooter AI

Started by
2 comments, last by Masticore2000 22 years, 6 months ago
Hello and thanks for looking at my post. Has anyone on this board seen any good AI articles for FPS''s? If you have, please post where, or the adress. Thanks, Kevin Shain
Leading the Industry in Mental Piracy...
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Masticore2000
Hello and thanks for looking at my post. Has anyone on this board seen any good AI articles for FPS''s? If you have, please post where, or the adress.

Thanks,
Kevin Shain

Hello Shane,

I don''t have any specific references for AI for FPSs. I am currently toying with the ideas of using the A* path finding algorithm the determine appropriate paths around the environment and a competative learning neural net. to determine the most frequenly used paths and other character behaviour. This is a mammoth task, but worth the time invested if you get results!

Regards,
Mathematix.
quote:Original post by Masticore2000
Hello and thanks for looking at my post. Has anyone on this board seen any good AI articles for FPS''s? If you have, please post where, or the adress.

Thanks,
Kevin Shain

Most of the good posts and articles I''ve seen are on the ''bot sites and the sites supporting the FPS game expansions themselves. Have you check out Bot Epidemic yet?

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com

From the High Mountains of Colorado

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

Not sure if it exactly what you are after, but there was a greate article on Gamasutra.com just a week or so ago. Heres the link

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010912/sterren_01.htm

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement