• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Help with my Positing/Logic/Progamming for 2D game client (C#)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 dragonalumni   Members   -  Reputation: 106

0Likes

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

This is the planned format for my 2d game and client. I'm using regular C# express.

Right now I'm dealing with positioning.

Namely I have 3 sets of X,Y values

1) Client XY (1280,800)
2) Visible Map XY (480,480) (with 32 pixel titles = 15 titles squared) (*starts at client w400,h50)
3) Loaded Map XY (1440,1440) (with 32 pixel titles = 45 tiles squared)

I'm a bit disgrunteled that as I currently have it setup my play map is in the middle of my screen so that it's X,Y has a
different value from that of the overall client window. My question is how do others deal with it, do they somehow plug
all the graphics into it's own mini-window like a panel or something else or do they just deal with it.

At this point, I need to

load the whole map
position the player on the loaded map
draw the 480x480 visible map around the player

I guess the two things I'm thinking about as problems are having to indent everything from the full client size and
trying to figure out a way to load everything into it's own visible object like a panel so that XY starts at 0,0.

I'm sure someone who has done this before must have some advice, please keep in simple. :)

Any comments/advice/suggestions are welcome.

Attached Thumbnails

• beta-plan-client.jpg

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS