• Create Account

AVG false virus alarms with OpenAL

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 carangil   Members   -  Reputation: 490

0Likes

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm learning to use OpenAL, and, of course, I don't always release all the resources properly. (Unfreed buffer or source or whatever). Well, sometimes (not all the time) I run my app, when I close it AVG pops up wanting to quarantine my program. It doesn't give a specific name of a virus or anything it just says it has detected this program MAY be a threat. Once I exclude my own .exe file from runtime detection, I have no problem until I turn off/ reboot the computer.

Is AVG's 'heuristics' just overly aggressive in trying to determine what's a threat or not?

I'm using the latest OpenAL directly from Creative Lab's website, and their (properly written) sample apps don't have this problem. I guess it'll teach me to release all my buffers!

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS