• Create Account

Have I missed anything?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

#1 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

It's been a few months since I have been around these parts of the intertubes. Have I missed much GDNet in the past few months? Has anyone actually made a Hockey MMO using HTML, or managed to stop goblin genocide?

Sponsor:

#2 grim1208   Members   -  Reputation: 94

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Ha. Not sure about any of that. It's been a while since I have been on myself, The whole layout is new to me ... 'geesh it's been a while'

#3 szecs   Members   -  Reputation: 2142

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

mmmm.... Not much happened here on Das Lounge either.... It was a personal blog for a while, and now it is some language/devkit/games opinion/poll board.

#4 Wan   Members   -  Reputation: 1366

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

It hasn't been the same without you. <3

#5 davepermen   Members   -  Reputation: 1008

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Has anything changed at all over the last 10 years? I'm back and directly onto "are global variables bad" and "are singletons bad"? I feel like I'm a teenager again.

Then again, I don't see much "I've implemented my own containers because stl is too slow, but why isn't it working?!" posts anymore.
Yet, one implemented it's own c-style string routines today. That was scary :)
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

#6 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19556

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Has anyone actually made a Hockey MMO using HTML, or managed to stop goblin genocide?

Nobody's made a Hockey MMO, but some GameDev users are working on stopping the goblin genocide as we speak.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#7 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Apparently Black Rook plays a goalie though , so we've got the hockey part covered ;D

#8 Net Gnome   Members   -  Reputation: 769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

Sounds like Mozila though came up with an HTML 5 / JavaScript MMO called BrowserQuest. Perhaps we could leverage that to make the hockey HTML MMO :D

#9 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Has anyone actually made a Hockey MMO using HTML, or managed to stop goblin genocide?

Nobody's made a Hockey MMO, but some GameDev users are working on stopping the goblin genocide as we speak.

That's actually pretty awesome.

Well, as for me I've been busy starting a relatively new job at a software company doing business software. It's been rough. The previous developer went off to be a draftsman, and it shows. I've got enough horror stories in a month and a half to write a book.

Speaking of books, I've also recently read a few - Paul Allen Idea Man, Len Beadell: Too Long in the Bush, and I'm currently reading Masters of Doom.

I've got a few other exciting things coming along, but I can't publicly disclose them (or at least I shouldn't... yet).

#10 Yann L   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1798

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hey Moe, nice to see you're still around :)

I haven't been on for quite some time either and I feel I somehow lost touch with GDNet as well. Good to see some familiar names here on this thread, now that the rest of the site feels like an alien planet of some sort ;)

#11 serioso   Members   -  Reputation: 384

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Sounds like Mozila though came up with an HTML 5 / JavaScript MMO called BrowserQuest. Perhaps we could leverage that to make the hockey HTML MMO Posted Image

We should do this! Then, we should dig up that legendary old thread (does anyone remember the username of the guy who wanted to do this?) and tell him he's not crazy after all.

#12 Yann L   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1798

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

We should do this! Then, we should dig up that legendary old thread (does anyone remember the username of the guy who wanted to do this?) and tell him he's not crazy after all.

Vipejc. It wasn't really a single thread, it was a combination of several threads over several months. A small selection here, here, here, here and here.

#13 Eelco   Members   -  Reputation: 301

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Vipejc. It wasn't really a single thread, it was a combination of several threads over several months. A small selection here, here, here, here and here.

Those were epic times indeed.

Seems like the lounge doesnt get much traffic nowadays, and the discussion is not as edgy as it used to be. Or maybe im just getting old, who knows :)

#14 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hey Moe, nice to see you're still around Posted Image

I haven't been on for quite some time either and I feel I somehow lost touch with GDNet as well. Good to see some familiar names here on this thread, now that the rest of the site feels like an alien planet of some sort ;)

Those were epic times indeed.

Seems like the lounge doesnt get much traffic nowadays, and the discussion is not as edgy as it used to be. Or maybe im just getting old, who knows Posted Image

Yann - now there's a familiar face I haven't seen in a while! It is good to know there are still a few familiar faces around here.

Eelco - Epic times indeed.

I just noticed the old Hardware forum is missing. Is it actually gone, or was I not looking hard enough?

#15 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19556

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I just noticed the old Hardware forum is missing. Is it actually gone, or was I not looking hard enough?

It's gone - they decided there was too many subforums, and to consolidate and refine the categories (discussed here).
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#16 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

It's gone - they decided there was too many subforums, and to consolidate and refine the categories (discussed here).

Understandable. It seems like the place has shrunk a bit.

#17 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

I miss the days of yore when these forums were hopping. I hope on every couple days to see what is going on and well, I see the exact same threads :/
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS