• Create Account

Lots of new members on this site

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

#1 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2953

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hello

I am under the impression that lately a lot of new members are registering on this site.
Or maybe I was just not paying attention before.

Is it because of the new redesign? At least gamdev ranks pretty high in google search results now.

Would be pretty interesting to see some real data about this.

Cheers

Sponsor:

#2 davethecross   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

Everyone saw drawsomething sell for 200mil and are here to make their fortune.

Seriously though, I'm curious myself.

#3 SteveDeFacto   Banned   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

I've also noticed a sudden influx of new member.

#4 dev_str   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've been reading forum posts and articles on this site for years. I guess I just finally decided to create an account in case I ever want to post something.

That is my story, anyways.

#5 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3340

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

As a new member to the forums I say hello :).

#6 Madhed   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2953

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hello! But how did you find this site? Posted Image

#7 Stormynature   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3340

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Academy of Interactive Entertainment
Game Developers Association of Australia

through those organisations websites

#8 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5166

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Would be pretty interesting to see some real data about this.

Not much to show really, our stats system doesn't have any cool way to display registration numbers other than spitting out a table of dates each with a graph bar and a number of registrations for that date. Looking over the last two years of registrations (the site was re-launched at the start of 2011) I'd estimate by looking at the numbers we have an average of 40-45 registrations per day. It's been like this pretty much every day the past two years with few exceptions - one day back in Oct of last year saw 821 new registrations - I have no idea what that's from but now I'm curious so I'm going to try to find out.

Anyways if you're noticing more new people it's not really from an uptick in registration but from an uptick in participation, which I think is a good sign

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#9 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 19545

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'd estimate by looking at the numbers we have an average of 40-45 registrations per day. It's been like this pretty much every day the past two years with few exceptions - one day back in Oct of last year saw 821 new registrations - I have no idea what that's from but now I'm curious so I'm going to try to find out.

That was shortly after an update to the site, and alot of spammers signed up. It was taken care of sortly after. [thread]
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#10 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5166

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

Oh wow you're right that was then. Probably explains the other spikes as well.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS