• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

code sample for rendering a game character like avatar

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 leonard2012   Members   -  Reputation: 167

0Likes

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

I am new to game programming but have some experience of developing a couple 2D graphics software. I have programmed with both Direct3D and OpenGL. Now I want to render a game character (like Xbox live avatar). Is there any code sample for this? Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 zgysx   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

There is a number of samples which you want in DirectX SDK.

#3 leonard2012   Members   -  Reputation: 167

0Likes

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

There is a number of samples which you want in DirectX SDK.

Thank you, I'll check the SDK.

#4 Guilherme Silva   Members   -  Reputation: 153

0Likes

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi.
The xna's official website has many different samples with code for rendering and manipulating Xbox live avatars.

List of samples:
Be aware that the code is only available for XNA (which is a c# game framework) and only runs on XBOX 360s.
Hope this is helpful ;).

#5 leonard2012   Members   -  Reputation: 167

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hi.
The xna's official website has many different samples with code for rendering and manipulating Xbox live avatars.

List of samples:

Be aware that the code is only available for XNA (which is a c# game framework) and only runs on XBOX 360s.
Hope this is helpful ;).

Thanks Bayinx. Are there any equivalent code samples in C++? Silverlight and XNA will be dead on Windows 8 after all.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS