• Create Account

OpenGL texture questions

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Retsu90   Members   -  Reputation: 208

0Likes

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'm programming a library that it's compatible with OpenGL and OpenGL ES, nothing that seems for me hard. I read somewhere that OpenGL ES supports various texture types like RGB565, RGBA5551 etc, but I didn't found anything for OpenGL. Searching I found GL_RGB5 and other releated stuff, but I don't know how to use it. Firstly seems that GL_RGB5 doesn't give support for 565 colors and I don't know why I should specify the internalformat and the format of a texture and their differences. There is also the type, like GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, GL_BYTE, GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT etc., but I don't understand how and when use them. Also when I try to mapping textures, the 3D model gets only the right-bottom pixel from the texture and I don't understand why.

Can someone help me?

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS