• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Tangent Bitangent(binormal)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ashaira   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Well i hope this is the right section.

I need to calculate the tangent and bitangent for my models and i have found an algorithm to do it but i havent been able to fully understand on what to apply the algorithm. in some places it says to do it for each face others to go through all the verts of the model and do it.

so which is the right way? do it for the 3 verts of each face? and if that is the case what happens when one vert is in more than one face?

Sponsor:

#2 bwhiting   Members   -  Reputation: 818

1Likes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

same as for normals really, so calculate them per face then average them per vertex using shared triangles.

#3 bwhiting   Members   -  Reputation: 818

0Likes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/622250-bitangent-and-tangent-seams/ <- you can even see pics there of the difference between smoothed and unsmoothed

#4 Ashaira   Members   -  Reputation: 105

0Likes

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

sry to bring this up again but ive been looking at some examples. are the Normals in my model file the same thing as the normals obtained throught the cross product of the tangent and bitangent?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS