• Create Account

Creating a simple game, really simple !

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlwaysBiG   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hello
basically , i'm an engineering student who want to have some fun.
I want to create a game not that fancy or anything, just numbers. a war game for example. for example this item gives you a higher number of winning chance but the item need certain of things to have own it. I was wondering what language should i use . I have the whole senario of those numbers and expectation and drawing of the game in papers as a rough plan to start but i don't know how to put it or translate it into real world.
it's almost as a browser game
Where should i start?

The only programing knowledge i have is MATLab and Maple

Sponsor:

#2 scrap   Members   -  Reputation: 140

2Likes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

well im totaly new at this stuff, but i have gotten microsoft visual exrpess 2010, and you can run C# thru it and about a week or two of studying the lanugage you should be able to make a simple simple game, if you have time for everyday 5-8 hour days Posted Image like i do. iv made a few simple games like" you have 5hp 5attck, enamy has 4 hp 6attack. then input what item you want to use, like a gun or sword, which have attack values and it then calculates who wins, depending on whatever values youv set in the program. hope this helps.

EDIT:oh and the program MVE 2010, i THINK can make browser operating program, i am almost noob at this just starting, i DO know it can do command line. and from there you can put it up on a site and then people can DL it and play using there command line. this is 1 way i know to distrubute games to other people, i dont know with browser tho.

#3 Plutonium   Members   -  Reputation: 348

1Likes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

Choose any language. I suggest C++ or Java for starting, but of course you can pick any other. Later go to youtube and look programming tutorials (I suggest this guys http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston tutorials). And after learn something - create simple game, like guess random number, or tic-tac-toe :)

#4 Zael   Members   -  Reputation: 154

1Likes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

HTML and javascript would be the best bet for a simple browser game. You can use onclick to trigger a function and set data on the page. Javascript is actually pretty simply, and all you need to program it is notepad and a browser, both of which you already have. You may want to look into a java applet for something more complex or flash. If you don't care too much about whether or not it is a browser game, python is a great language for beginners (but not very suitable for a browser game).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS