• Create Account

Has anyone played or purchase Code Hero?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alpha_ProgDes   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4680

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Code Hero - game that teaches you how to code

Has anyone played this "game"? Any thoughts or opinions on it? It seems to teach you Javascript and some 3D graphics/game coding. It looks interesting but I wonder if it is really does what it says.
Beginner in Game Development? Read here.

Super Mario Bros clone tutorial written in XNA 4.0 [MonoGame, ANX, and MonoXNA] by Scott Haley

If you have found any of the posts helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking the up arrow on those posts Posted Image

Spoiler

Sponsor:

#2 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 17130

0Likes

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

It was a dollar to get the game when it was on KickStarter (you can actually still buy it for $1), so I bought it but hadn't installed it.
I just installed it after reading this thread - after 30 minutes, my initial thought is: I'm glad I picked up a copy, but I'll stash it away and play it in a year when the game is more stable.

Too buggy. They are calling it a 'beta', but 'early alpha' is my first impression.

But as far as the idea goes, yea, I can definitely see myself learning Javascript/Unityscript through it... but I already know C++ and have messed around with a few scripting languages in the past, so with the Javascript it's basically teaching me syntax. In it's current state, I think someone unfamiliar with programming would be really confused.

But hey, it's in not yet finished and I only gave it 30 minutes, so we'll see what comes out of it in a year or so.
They raised $170,000 so hopefully they make something cool. I don't expect them to, "change the world" as they proclaim, but at only $1, I don't lose anything if they fail to do so.

My suggestion: Buy it at a dollar now and go play it in a year or so.

It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.                                                                                                                                                       [Need free cloud storage? I personally like DropBox]

Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS