• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

- - - - -

for -loop with empty expression not executed

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 fanwars   Members   -  Reputation: 1031

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hi,

Just upgraded to the latest revision 1264 and noticed that for(;;) is not executed anymore, is there a reason for this?
Adding an always-true expression (like for(; true;)) seems to be working though. Not a big deal I guess, but I've got for(x;;)'s all over the place Posted Image.

Sponsor:

#2 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3437

0Likes

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

This must be a bug that worked itself into the code when I changed the way the for-loop is generated to avoid one of the jumps in each iteration.

I'll look into this and provide a fix as soon as possible.

Regards,
Andreas
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

#3 Andreas Jonsson   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3437

0Likes

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

This problem has been fixed in revision 1265 now.

Thanks for the spotting this problem.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS