• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

PHP Books

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zorerk   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hello Everyone.

Couldn't find the old Web development forum with the "new" design so I put this in here in "For Beginners" for now.

So lets start what this is about. Right now I'm looking for books in the subject PHP. Though I have no idea what to get. A perfect book would have exercises based on what the chapter been going through.

So the following question is how much pre-knowledge do I already have right? Well as a matter of fact I wouldnt say i'm a absolute beginner nor do I believe i'm a average PHP coder. Maybe something in between. Right now I work as a System administrator and a Support engineer(Customer operations) for a webhosting company. So from time to time I touch PHP and ASP.net code to help our customers with different error related issues when a transfer of websites between servers have been made. So I would say I have a general knowledge of common troubleshooting code and sometimes a little more advanced serverside related errors. I could build a single simple function but when starting to work with a little more than that I dont have any structure for OOP or any of the alike. Most of my knowledge comes from 2 courses in school(One course C++ in upper secondary and one in ASP.net with C# and MSSQL in University), self teaching through interest and of course helping customers at work. Right now i'm just taking information

In short terms I can read and alter code just fine as I understand most of it, but I am unable to build a system on my own without basiclly google someone elses code and almost fully copy what they've done.

Right now i'm looking at this book but I don't know if it suits me.
http://www.amazon.co...34131251&sr=1-1

Sponsor:

#2 wicked357   Members   -  Reputation: 1176

0Likes

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

What do you mean by system? Website? If that is the case you will need HTML for the view files. PHP is more for the backend workings of the site. Of course when I say view files I am speaking about MVC frameworks... you could mix in PHP, Javascript, HTML and CSS all in the same file to make a webpage.

#3 Zorerk   Members   -  Reputation: 108

0Likes

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

System for me is stuff like Windows/Linux administration, MSSQL/MySQL administration, Apache/IIS, Active Directory, Exchange, Routing, Switching and so on.I think you get the idea. More of configuration and maintaining than developing system.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS